Sunday, October 18, 2009

Painting

With my mom in Texas more than 1/2 of the year I decided that I would like to paint some rooms and mom told me to just do whatever colors I want. I hope that she's okay with what I came up with for the bathroom! :)

First - "Doc" at the Home Depot in New Hartford was AWESOME. I thought that I had a good color picked out - I was trying to match a towel - not exactly but close so I could match other stuff that I have. So - Doc showed me how to better match the color using the special light. The Home Depot lights are nothing like my home lights and when he showed me the color that I did pick under the incandescent lights - not pretty. So he helped me find the right color and he was an absolute sweetheart...he helped me find good brushes, a good roller and told me how to use them. What great guy!

I also looked at new vanities - the one in our house was a $70 - prefab white fake wood. It's tired and I was going to buy a new one but the ones I liked were VERY pricey. I went back home figuring I'd just deal with the old one and then it hit me - I'll paint the old white one! So - back to Home Depot. Doc wasn't there anymore, but a very nice young lady helped me find the color that I wanted and then another gentleman helped me find new handles for the cabinet doors and new faucet handles. I figure I'm going to try and make this thing look like it's brand new.

I'm painting a little at a time and I'm sooooooooooo excited by the colors! I don't want to give them away yet - I have some before and during and will have after pictures. And I'll give it away then! Woo Hoo!

Urbanik's Paint is a great place to go for paint as well - I don't want to convince anyone to not go to a local place. I just needed a lot of things and going to multiple stores wasn't what I wanted to do.

Well - off to continue on my painting!

2 comments:

Mel- said...

You tease! Where are the pictures????

Unknown said...

No pictures till I'm done! :) I figure that'll make you come back for the "reveal" :)