Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summertime

I believe that this is the best summer I've had in a long time. The weather has been exceptional - a little humid, but nothing a hose, shower, pool or creek can't help with.

I've been spending time with RB up at his camp - it's paradise - just about 45 minutes North of where I live and it feels like it is in the middle of nowhere. It's beautiful, quiet and just empty of lots of people. When we went last weekend I may have seen 10 people - maybe and most of them were in vehicles leaving the area.

Sitting in front of the fire and having a conversation with RB or just sitting there and listening to the birds, animals, life in the woods - I can't describe how good that is for my soul.

I've also spent time in my house - starting to move things around a bit. My mom moved out and honestly it still feels like our house - but I don't know that she'll be moving back ever. So now I'm starting to make changes and rearrange. It's not painting time yet - I'd rather do that in the fall or spring when I can't spend as much time outside.

My front porch is a haven as well. I sit in one of the Adirondack chairs with a cup of coffee and a book, Henry the cat stretches out on my lap or across my shoulders, Einstein lays on the bench next to me. The wegalia makes my space private along with the shades and I can sit there and read, or listen to the neighborhood waking up and getting on with their day.

I firmly believe that life is what you make of it. I've always known that but RB has helped me to see it and live it more consistently. My life is good - better than I could have imagined actually. Summertime....

No comments: