Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall is here!

The Autumnal Equinox was at 11:44am EDT today. It's actually felt like fall for a couple of weeks. The days have been in the 60's and 70's very pleasant and the nights have been chilly! There have been some frost advisories as well. From what I have heard this is perfect weather for the leaves to start changing big time, I can see it starting to happen and the air has that fall crisp smell. Makes me want to go to Fly Creek Cider Mill in Fly Creek and get some fresh cider, some Macintosh apples and cheese. The sweet tartness of Macs with a piece of sharp cheddar is just incredible. The apples in NY are very good and we have quite a few orchards just in our area. It's also getting to be time to bake apple pies, apple cake, make chunky applesauce and just make the house smell warm and inviting.

Are you all hungry yet?

4 comments:

sarah said...

i want it to be 60's and 70's here. :( i miss upstate ny in the fall!

Unknown said...

Every time I left here and moved somewhere else I missed it too! It's incredible out today - bright blue skies - warm sun - smells fresh and clean...

Mel- said...

I'll be placing my order shortly!

Unknown said...

LOL - for apples? apple pie? applesauce? apple cake? It might be green by the time it gets to you! :)