Saturday, April 11, 2009

Colgate Movie and Book Club

I saw an article in the paper about a book and movie club starting on April 30. There are 3 meetings - the 30th of April, May and June. The theme is Vampires and the books we are reading are Bram Stoker's "Dracula", Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" and John Ajvide Lindqvist's "Let The Right One In". As a full member (for $45.00) I received copies of all three books, on the night of our meeting we'll watch the movie then meet at the Colgate Bookstore for dinner and discussion. How cool is that for $45.00 - 3 books, 3 movies, 3 dinners!

The young lady that is running the club is Heather, she is very helpful and very enthusiastic. I hope that I will meet some great people from the area...it never hurts to meet more people!

I'll let you know how it goes....

2 comments:

Mel- said...

That sounds like fun! Not that I'm into vampires nor can I remember the last time I had time to read 3 books. But I'd like to!

Hey - nice new picture on your header too :-) Vera says Hi.

Unknown said...

I'm having a hard time getting through Dracula - but at least I will meet some new people and who knows what the next book&movie club will be about! :)

Georgie says "Right back at Ya!" to you and Vera! He misses his traveling sister!