Friday, April 24, 2009

So much going on!

For those of you who don't live here - this is the rollercoaster in weather that is Upstate NY. Yesterday it was cold, wet and even a little snowy in the higher elevations. By cold, I mean in the 30's and low 40's. Not pleasant or comfortable.

Today - it was cold and a little frosty on the car when I got up, but I didn't care. I turned the heat down very low in my house and opened up all the windows a little bit. It's going to be in the 70's today and I am tired of the stale winter air.

Tomorrow and Sunday! We may break some records - supposed to be in the 80's! Woo Hooo!

Now that I've given you the weather rundown - here's the good stuff.

Utica and the surrounding areas are doing some spring cleaning. It's the day when over 2000 people in the local towns and cities are going to get together to clean up all of the YUCK! that has been plowed, blown and thrown from vehicles. The Utica Marsh is getting it's once a year cleanup - meet at the end of Barnes Ave off of Oriskany Blvd at 9:00 am. Bring gloves and bags...Not only will you help the Marsh get spiffied up, but you may meet some nice people and see some wildlife!

The other cleanup is taking place very close to my house (well one part of it). If you want information about it you can email The Genesis Group at info AT thegenesisgroup DOT org.
They are supplying latex gloves and garbage bags. From what I understand they are trying to clean up the North/South Arterial big time tomorrow. I'm very excited to be going to this cleanup and helping out.

I'll try and get some pictures posted of the before and after!

No comments: