Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fatcyclist

I am not exactly sure how I learned of www.fatcyclist.com - probably Melanie told me. Regardless I soon became hooked on Fatty's (aka Elden's) adventures biking in Utah as well as the struggle his wife, Susan, is dealing with - metastasized breast cancer. Fatty has been working very hard to help his wife deal with the day to day struggles and while he doesn't mention things very often about her pain and suffering - he opened up on Tuesday. He had even mentioned a couple of things on Monday - but the Tuesday post really hit me hard. I cried - sobbed actually.

Elden has done so much for his family and through his blog he has challenged, pushed, cajoled, rewarded and just made us all want to raise money for the LiveStrong Challenge. Team Fatty (link to the Philadelphia fundraising page for Team Fatty) has raised the most money in the Seattle, San Jose, Austin and Philadelphia races. It's so awesome to see so many people from all over the world come together to fight cancer.

So - Please Pray for Susan, Elden, their 4 children and all the people who care for them.

WIN Susan!!!!!

No comments: