Thursday, November 19, 2009

This Holiday Season

I realized awhile ago that I couldn't do gifts for people. The going to the store and shopping for gifts type gifts. That being said I am not being scrooge.

Cookies, fudge, truffles and chocolates. From my kitchen, from my heart. I love to bake, I love to make special treats. And handmade cards....

It was a hard decision to make and in some ways I feel bad because I'm not 'buying' stuff but at the same time I'm trying to think about what Christmas is about. It is about Giving and Love and Hope and the Birth of Christ. (not in that order!).

I'm rambling...I'm tired I guess. But as the baking and making continue I'll put the recipes and hopefully pictures too. My favorite cookies to make are nut cups, nut balls, peanut butter balls, peanut butter kiss cookies, sugar cookies (thanks to my mom these are the BEST), chocolate truffles (different flavorings), and fudge (pumpkin, chocolate, and I don't know what other kind).

Ah well - I am very tired...and have to get some sleep!

No comments: