Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weird and Random Stuff

I'm working a second job - I think that I mentioned that previously. It's a good thing and I do enjoy it, but it's taking some getting used to.

I haven't ridden my 100MoN yet for FatCyclist.com - it's a 100 mile bike race - the proceeds of which go to fight cancer. I haven't been home long enough to have the time to do it, but I am hoping that the 23rd will be my day - if I can get it off. We'll see. It is supposed to be done in a small space - Fatty, the author of FatCyclist.com has done it in a room on a roller watching movies. If you have the time you should read about some of the things people have done to get through "100 Miles of Nowhere" There are a ton of stories and they all make me want to ride, ride, ride. The Marines out at sea - they truly deserve accolades! Semper Fi!

The weather in Upstate NY has been topsy turvy at best! Holy cow! It's been pretty cold - as in 25 at night. I've had to turn my heat back on. The grass has calmed down a little - which is good because it's been wet a lot. And it's been very windy - that plays havoc with everything. Lots of trees have been cut down or cut up because they have fallen down or have lost too many branches.

RB and I are having a wonderful time getting to know each other, laughing together and just enjoying each others company. I'm a very fortunate woman to have met a man like him. He's one of a kind and just an absolute honey. Yes - he does read this but I'm not trying to suck up to him - just trying to let him know how much he means to me.

I've had to change the comment section of the blog - I've disallowed anonymous comments for the foreseeable future. I'm not impressed with some of them that have been coming through so figure that if you don't want to tell me who you are then you aren't going to leave a comment.

RB and I are going camping in June - to a place that I have never been - and there isn't a hot shower to be found! LOL - I think I already wrote a little about this - but I'm excited and really looking forward to it.

On June 6 - I am riding in the Tour de Cure for Diabetes and really need donations. If you would care to help me out, you can go here to donate, I am signed up to do the 40 miles! Please help! Thanks much!

I have to post some pictures of the plants in my yard. The irises are blooming like crazy - really cool! Surprising how well they are doing with the cold. The wegalia is leafing up well as is the purple smoke tree. I love seeing plants leave their dormant stage and come back to life....

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Hi Michelle! Glad you and RB are having a good time getting to know each other. You deserve a really good man! Summer is still lingering on here. I guess it will leave us soon, and come up to you in the North! Thinking of you and hoping you are well and happy. xox

Unknown said...

Michaela,
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They are much appreciated! Winter and a cold spring are holding on for dear life here. Snow on the ground on Mothers Day - this happened 6 years ago on May 9th as well - pretty crazy. I've been keeping up with your blog but seem to run out of time to comment! Hope that you are feeling better and taking care of your lovely self and your family!
xoxo