Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is here!!!!!

I say that and of course they are predicting snow today - I just hope that they are wrong! Wrong I say! dead Wrong! NO MORE SNOW (please God?!?!?!)

Okay got that out of my system.

A List of things I would like to accomplish this spring:
1.) paint the living and dining rooms
2.) Clean up out back and roto-till a nice area for a garden
3.) cut down and trim back some trees in said back yard
4.) repaint the steps on front porch and create a better cover for them. The water dripping beat up the paint.
5.) wash all my outdoor furniture and set up an oasis on my front porch for Saturday and Sunday morning coffee
6.) dig out the stones in my pergola floor, dig up the dirt and level it out lower than the frame. Put down weed fabric, then put gravel and crushed granite in it for a floor. :)
7.) find inexpensive fabric to hang from back and sides of pergola for a romantic and less buggy experience.
8.) learn how to change front wheel bearings, sway bar links and maybe a muffler on my car.
9.) get my iPad2 and learn all of it's neat abilities.
10.) ride my bike outside and raise lots of money for the American Diabetes Association!
11.) clean up my basement
12.) clean up my attic
13.) have a huge garage sale and pay for the things that I want to do this summer with the proceeds!
14.) Enjoy all of the above and then some!!!!

I know that there is more to add to that list - but I think I'll stop now and formulate the next one - anyone got any ideas for me???

2 comments:

Tom Murphy said...

Being that I am somewhat of an expatriate of upstate NY (born in Utica but live in Florida), I might suggest you take some time out to enjoy the beautiful outdoors you have up there, perhaps go camping and do some fly fishing, as I had occassion to do with my father when he was still alive

Unknown said...

Tom - I love camping and have been many times. In fact it will be time to hit Forestport soon and some other places that I've not been yet - Otter Lake included. As for fly fishing - I do have a dear friend who can tie flies and make them look like pieces of art - I believe that he's going to teach me the art of fly fishing this summer. I was taught how to fish last summer up in the Adirondacks and I'll get my license this summer to try it again. I love it here and don't think I'll leave it any time soon.
Michelle