Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh Boy!

Well I did it. I have finally bought a new car - my Ford Focus wagon has done very well for me...it's 9 years old and has 120,000 miles on it and has been to Texas two times and Nebraska at least once. Not to mention all the camping trips, Left Turn/Right turn trips, the "lets find covered bridges" trips, the Quilt Shop Hops, so many memories, both good and bad but it has been a good car.

I was really pretty sure I was going to get a Fiesta - I test drove one - it was okay but I was happy with my Focus so I thought that it would be a good idea. But then I went to Driver's Village in Syracuse - it's a huge auto mall of many different dealerships. I had thought that I wanted to test drive a Nissan Cube and was pretty sure that the Kia Soul would be okay - but didn't really like the looks of it on the outside. We parked near the Kia area and walked over to the Rio's and some of the other cars and then the Souls were there too. Dylan (the salesman) came out and asked if we needed help  -I said yes! I test drove the Kia Soul + and the plain jane Soul - the biggest difference is a 2.0 Liter engine versus a 1.6 Liter on the basic Soul. The both drove great - the Soul + was just a little better. Then I wanted to check out the Nissan Cube - my friend Mel has had Nissan's for years and speaks highly of them - well the Cube is a sad statement. It was like a saltine box and drove loud and rough - no get up and go and not attractive inside at all.

So...I bought the Kia Soul +. It looks small but it has a lot of room inside - it's comfortable and everything works well for the driver. It has ECO Boost and people get mileage up to 40MPG - WOW! I got the Shadow color - and am excited! It's not silver! LOL I've had a silver car for years!

No comments: