Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Day

I'm still mulling this over in my mind, but I'm thinking about heading to Cooperstown/Hartwick area to plant some flowers at my Grandfather's grave. His name was Dannie "Boone" Weir and he was born on the same day as me but died 4 years before I was born in a tragic car accident. My Great-Grandparents and some of his siblings are buried there as well. We still don't have my Mom's cremains - she donated her body to the Anatomical Gift Program at SUNY Upstate Medical Center and is apparently being very helpful! As always! My Grandmother and Yankee both did the same, but their cremains came back within 6-9 months.

It may be a drive around and visit places that we used to go to....I really miss my Mom and our adventures. Her Geo Metro could climb mountains! Monday may be memory day for me and trying to honor my Mom and her life.


No comments: