Friday, January 16, 2009

Frigorific

Merriam Webster Online Dictionary
Pronunciation:
\ˌfri-gə-ˈri-fik\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin frigorificus, from frigor-, frigus frost
Date:
1667

: causing cold : chilling

Yepper - That's upstate NY for the last few days. Honestly - until today it didn't seem to be too bad, then the wind started blowing. Holy Moly - freezing snot and crunchy walking. My poor cat wants out so bad he can't stand it! In fact this morning he ran out - stopped on the porch, looked around and ran back inside like he was on fire. Poor Einstein - I say that now, but at 2 this morning I was ready to throw him out into a snowbank. I bought him some toys, my mistake, he loves them and seems to love them even more in the early morning hours. And the funny thing is that for an 8lb cat he sounds like an army of men downstairs thumping around - when he first woke me up I thought someone was breaking in.

Looking forward to tomorrow! SU v Notre Dame at 12:00. Not quite sure why I decided that I would go to an SU game, I guess I figured it would be a great way to get out of the house for a few hours. It turns out that this game is HUGE! Too funny.

Well look for that post tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mel- said...

And yet again, I wonder why the entire country doesn't stuff themselves on to this coast... It's 74 degrees out. Tomorrow I'm going for a bike ride along the sunny, glorious coast..... I probably wont even bring my jacket...

Unknown said...

LOL - Yeah I froze walking through Syracuse University - wind blowing through like it was a canyon. High of 15 today. I will admit that I am ready to move to a warmer place - but then I think about the spring, summer and fall here and couldn't leave. I hope that your ride was wonderful...