Friday, January 16, 2009

Skiing in Utica

I think that Utica is one of the few cities in America that has skiing - that is owned and 'run' by the city. Well, it used to be run by the city, but they took bids and a new company is making snow, grooming the hill and really trying to get people out to have some winter fun. There is tubing, skiing and sledding! I wish I didn't have such a fear of breaking something - I think that the tubing would be a riot!!!!!!!

The Utica OD has even had some articles on Val Bialis. Of course the most recent article was this morning about a 10 day 'sale' period. The prices don't seem so bad - but considering that kids are their major audience and $20.00 for tubing for a couple of hours - that's a lot of money for the area. So they are going to have a sale for the next ten days. I hope that it works. It's great to see the lift running and the magic carpet (that's used for the tubers) and all of the lights on and kids running down the hill.

2 comments:

Mel- said...

I think you should conquer your fears, go out there and get a tube and head down that hill! Hey, what's the worst that can happen? You could fracture your knee?

Go have some fun - especially on a discount day. You need it!

Unknown said...

I would if I could find someone to go with me...kind of hard to find other adults with a screw loose to want to slide down a huge hill! :)