Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I wish everyone out there a joyous Christmas with family and friends. My prayers go out to our Soldiers fighting so we "can wear our pj's and enjoy christmas with our families" as one soldier from the area put it. I pray for our firemen, policemen, EMT's, paramedics, hospital staff and anyone who does service to others. Thank you.

And a very special thanks go out to Johnston's Auto Body, Elizabeth Street in Utica. I ran out of gas today - first time in 25 years of driving that I have ever run out of gas. God was certainly watching over me. I just purchased AAA so I could have those marvelous maps and books - well I called them and they said it would be within an hour that someone from Johnston's would be there and put gas in my car. It took 23 minutes - the man was so nice and so efficient. He waited with me while we made sure that it was actually the lack of gas that killed my car. It was a very pleasurable experience for a very stressful week.

Please have a great Christmas everyone and thank people that help you...it helps them want to help even more people!

I'm driving to Texas on Sunday - we were supposed to leave tomorrow but that got changed big time - hence the stress - but I am sure that there was a reason for it. I know I needed some down time and this way I'll get it and will be in better shape for the drive.

**Update - I have the best friends in the whole world. When I ran out of gas today - I forgot to pick up my mom's meds. (she just got out of the hospital). I called Kelly's house and her mom answered I asked her if Kelly was home she said no that she was still at work. I called Kelly and begged her to help me. She picked up the meds for me and brought them to her house as I would pick it up after work. I went there and Kelly and her family were eating but she rushed to the kitchen and brought out dinner in a bag with the meds and 7 CD's for mom and I to listen to on the trip. Dinner was fantastic - and so appreciated. I have to admit I cried when I got outside. Awesome friends are hard to come by and I have a lot of them.

Merry Christmas,
Michelle

No comments: