Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas

This is a weird Christmas for me. Usually my mom and I are buying and wrapping presents together and trying not to give each other gifts early - which never works. But now that she's in Texas and I live alone the only 'people' who watch me wrap are Einstein and Henry. RB has seen the fruits of my labors, but I haven't given in to the urge to give him something early. I did send one gift to my mom early so that she could wrap herself up in it, a soft, cozy blue sweater that I thought would make her feel hugged on cold days and on days of chemo and radiation. She has to have more chemo than originally thought, so please keep her in your prayers.

Also - this is the first year in a long time that I will not be with any of my family. My mom is in Texas as is my younger brother and his family and my other brother - well that's a long story. There is some work to be done by both us - repairs actually. Christmas will be with RB and his family. I'm looking forward to it but also a little sad. Missing my mom I guess....

No comments: