Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas and the magic of a Santa hat!

As many of you probably know I work in retail for a second job. I've found that 99% of the people out there shopping want to be in a good mood but that's hard to stay in that frame of mind when they can't get help, feel like they are ignored or whatever. My Santa hat has had a 'magical' effect on me and thankfully on my customers. I've worked two days in a row 8am to 12:30am with about 40 minutes between where I took a power nap. Last night I woke up from my nap at 6pm and felt like I'd been used as a washrag and put through a wringer. I got dressed and went downstairs to add some bling to my Santa hat and put it on in front of the mirror and just started smiling. It was truly magic!

Customers smile when you start off with a smile for them. They laugh when I say silly stuff and it just really makes a difference. I do all that I can to help my customers and to make at least a few minutes of their day better - and the biggest reason is that it's good for them and for me. This has been a grueling two days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole world. People walked up with lots of burdens and no smile and left with a happy heart. That is a good thing.

So Merry Christmas - and if you are feeling Bah Humbug, put on a Santa Hat and go say Merry Christmas a few times - it will change your life.

God Bless you all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Merry Xmas Michelle!!! xxxooo