Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eventful morning

I slept like a log last night - actually it's two nights in a row where I slept soundly and didn't wake up 3 or 4 times. And I've been waking up at 5:10 or so - 30 minutes before my alarm goes off. It was a good thing this morning because my cat Henry was communing with the skunks again and man did he ever take a hit. The smell rolled off of him like he had just been sprayed minutes before. UGH - especially first thing in the morning - so being a good mom I got the peroxide, palmolive dish soap and baking soda (and yes I do have a supply of it as this is not my first skunky cat rodeo). Poor Henry - he hates getting a bath - but lucky me, I got him in a great position not to lose any blood or get nasty scratches. He smells a little better - I must have missed a really concentrated spot on his face but have to be careful with that concoction. He is now walking around the house trying to get the water off of him. I've cranked up the heat and put his favorite blanket on my bed - I can't keep them off my bed - so might as well put something there I can wash easily! Einstein keeps chasing him...LOL it's funny but not.

And the new job is even better than I could have hoped. Traveling to Portland, OR for a 2 hour focus group meeting - leave here at 4am - fly to Portland - 2 hours later have the meeting and then sleep and get up and fly home at 6am. I haven't done anything this crazy travel wise in a long time. Usually I'll drive insane miles and then turn around and come home - I think this tops it! I'll also be traveling for training in the new software we will be using and possibly to another Tribal Heath Center to see the new software in action - and that's down in Florida. It's so nice to have the freedom to do this stuff. And especially have people believe in me and respect my work!

I think that's it for now - time to take a shower and get ready for the day!

No comments: