Saturday, March 14, 2009

Seth Horan Part II

The first time I heard/saw Seth Horan play was in 2001/2002 at Virgo Bat & Leo Phrog's on Genesee Street in Utica. He plays a bass guitar and sings - and does it in a way that it just unforgettable. He manages to get notes out of that bass that I've never thought possible AND the way he plays it sounds as though he has percussion as well.

Every time that Seth was in town after that first meeting I went to hear him play - well as often as school and work would allow. I bought all of his CD's and even had a couple of email conversations with him. Yes, this is leading somewhere....

The last time I went to see him, he had van trouble in NYC (or in that vicinity) and didn't make it. I haven't had the opportunity to see him again in 4+/- years. He got married, lives in Vegas, is all over Europe playing and it just didn't happen.

Then last night...he finished playing. I went over and said, "I don't know if you remember me?" and he said he did and gave me a big hug. Now I will admit that I figured he "thought" he remembered me but just figured he was saying yes... But, he really remembered me, it meant a lot to me. He mentioned the email address/yahoo id that I used to email him from and it stunned me. This isn't about "he remembered me", this is about what a genuine, talented, very nice man that Seth is, and how that really comes across in what he sings and plays.

I sincerely hope for the best for Seth and his wife. They are moving to California soon.

Here are a couple of places to look for information on Seth and hear some of his music.
Reverb Nation - with some of his songs

Wiki information on Seth

These following songs are newer ones and mellow compared to Something Pretty and Conduit. I love the second one, I heard it for the first time last night. I hope you enjoy!







This one isn't the full song, but it shows how he can get a lot of sound out of the bass.

No comments: