Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bottom of Heartbreak Hill

It was an awesome day for the Heart Walk. I'm glad that I did it and thank you to everyone who sponsored me, I really appreciate it. I signed up for the 5 mile walk - which I did, but I have a wicked stubborn streak and couldn't see driving my car somewhere to have a bus pick me up and drop me off at the walk, not when I live about 1 mile from the College. It turns out it was a little farther because of the walking through the campus and all that - about 8 miles walked - but I feel good other than the bottom of my feet burning. I think I like to wear my shoes too loose so the friction gets me.

I think the walk was a huge success - lots of people turned out for it and it was a lot of fun!


2 comments:

Michaela said...

Wow!!! Well done, Michelle! You are an inspiration to me. I would love to do a charity walk sometime. Rest up today, you might be a little sore. xx Michaela

Unknown said...

Thank you Michaela! "America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk" is a staple here in Utica. There were about 9000 walkers - for a 3 mile and 5 mile walk and there was also a 30k run, 10 mile, 5 mile and 3 mile run. It's an awesome coming together of people to raise money for heart research - about $1.2 million. I am already feeling it! My hips and knees - but it's all good. Well worth it.