Saturday, November 5, 2011

More Roller Coaster

For the first time in my life - I've been laid off - and I mean first time ever let go from any job in my life. It's brutal. It feels like a slap in the face. I've been with this company for 12 years - I have always jumped in to help with various people have had to leave because of family problems or health reasons. When we moved from one office to another - I was there for an entire Saturday helping with the move -using my car to move all servers and machines from old to new office. My co-workers showed up later and left earlier than me. My office was set to go come Monday AND I helped everyone find their things and get set up. I'd been there the longest of everyone but the owner and another guy but that didn't mean a lot.

I've had lots of calls from clients and they helped me feel better - many wanted me to take them on as clients - didn't go there - many reasons - but the biggest is that it wouldn't be right. I love the fact that my prior clients feel so strongly that I helped them - and it helped me get through last week - it was rough. I've finished my resume - sent it to three prospective clients. I'm stronger than being laid off - I will not be on unemployment any longer than necessary. It's necessary to my self worth to work as soon as possible. I will not be someone who sees unemployment as a vacation. It's not in my blood.

Thank you to all of my very supportive friends for all of their wonderful words and love. I want to give some employer my best - I have a lot of knowledge to share and will gladly share with anyone.


No comments: