Saturday, November 8, 2008

My First Greens & Chicken Riggies

Michelle brought me to Michael T's tonight for my first chicken riggies!

We started off with the Trunfio Greens - which we shared. They're escarole, sausage, sweet & hot peppers, breadcrumbs & Parmesan all baked to a new level of yumminess! You don't find greens very often in Southern California, so I'm not even sure that I've had them before, and definitely not like this! I think it would be worth the flight back just to have those again :-)



I have to admit - they're a lot more appetizing than this picture indicates :-)

After that came the Chicken Riggies. I've had similar dishes to that in CA, but never heard them referred to as "Riggies". This was rigatoni with chunks of chicken & green bell pepper covered in a pink sauce. Quite good, but I have to admit, I preferred the greens. But then, I haven't had much in the way of vegetables this week, so I may have just been craving them :-)


I have to hop on a plane back to CA tomorrow, but I have to say I've enjoyed my introduction to Utica cuisine. I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing a performance at the Stanley Theater (which I got to see - and the inside is spectacular!) and trying all these other places that Michelle has been talking about.

Bye for now.....

Melanie

1 comment:

savanahgalee said...

Chicken Riggies and Utica Greens are the best! I sure miss Utica Italian Food. No where in the U.S. has anything like it. And the city has it's own Chicken Riggie competition every year.