Saturday, August 2, 2008

Walk

Last night - feeling stressed and tired and wanting a beer or two or ten, I decided instead to walk until I couldn't walk anymore and listen to WTTM - that's Window To The Magic. It's a podcast that Melanie, my friend in California, told me about - it's all about Disney! There is one podcast in particular that I love - it's the live Aladdin show and it's a hoot. I digress, so...I put on my walking shoes, grabbed my iPhone and plugged into Disney magic. I went up to Genesee Street and then up Emerson, to Holland, to Harriet, to Oneida. At Oneida street I had to make a choice to go up or down. I thought that I could get into the cemetery where Justus Rathbone's statue was by going up. Well I was wrong. So then when I got up to the entrance to Master Garden Road and the other cemetery I decided to go up Master Garden. It's up and up and up some more. Well I took some pictures as I went up, I'll add them at the bottom of this post. But when I got to the top - I thought that walking down the grass hill/ski slope would be easy. LOL - I was so very wrong! There are times when I had to walk sideways because the slope was so steep. And it was muddy up there too! But it was a great walk and my thighs got a good work out. When I got home I passed out and slept better than I have in awhile. Today I was hoping for a bike ride - but it may have to wait until tomorrow when the weather is friendlier.

The image is a little dark - it was getting late. But it's still nice.

3 comments:

Mel- said...

OK, I had to laugh at your comment about waiting to ride until the weather is friendlier - only because I've been reading a blog by a biker who lives in Alaska: http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/

Now that's some unfriendly biking weather!!! :-) Take heart, and get out on the bike! I'm jealous - I have to wait until my migraine finally goes away :-(

Glad you had a nice walk though. Maybe I can do that while I'm waiting out the headache....

Anonymous said...

It just seems like there's always more things to worry about these days. I hope everyone is coping fine.

Unknown said...

We're coping...Mom is in Physical Rehabilitation Center for the next week or two, the only thing that they have found that is physically wrong with her is that her Thyroid is underactive.

As to being a fair weather rider - my bike is still new - I'm babying it! :)

The articglass blog makes me very jealous - just to be away from all this even for a little bit. It seems amazing to me.