Friday, July 11, 2008

Toastmasters


We earned our Competent Communicator Awards!

Reason number 1,271 that I love living in Utica. I learned about Toastmasters in 2005 but it took me awhile to actually join. Boy am I glad that I did. I love to talk to people, no problem speaking in public, but I needed help to be better at it. (Don't we all). But I will admit I was very afraid of mean constructive criticism. I do well with people pointing out my faults in a mean or rude way. Toastmasters doesn't do that in any way, shape or form. The Mohawk Valley Toastmasters are my second family. I've been with them for 2 & 1/2 years and am looking forward to 40 more.

If you are new to the area or looking to meet new people, learn new things, love to talk or love to listen, or are afraid to talk and you need someone to hold your hand - Toastmasters is the place to come. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm. We meet at the Moose River Restaurant, Holiday Inn, Utica Business Park - it is a dinner meeting ($13.00) per person - with really good food! Check out the website - the link is above!

No comments: