Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Utica


The picture above is looking from the State Office Building - south towards New Hartford on Genesee Street. The gold dome that you see in the foreground is a bank building. Forever it seemed it was the Savings Bank of Utica - it's changed a lot in the last 10 years and is now M&T Bank. The building next to it used to house WOUR 96.9 Classic Rock with Jerry "the Doctor" Kraus. He is missed by a lot of people during the noon hour - the new owners changed up everything and Jerry is no longer DJ'ing there. The little red brick building on the right side has the Triangle Coffee Shop - I am sure that you can see why - being that the building is triangular.

If I ever mispeak - or don't give enough information - please let me know. I'd love to share more with people. A lot of the info I have is from listening to people, reading our daily newspaper , watching WKTV news and listing to WIBX - so I am sure that I am missing the good stuff - because as we all know the news is just for the bad stuff for some reason.

Please let me know what you think of this site so far - comments are much appreciated.

No comments: